James C. Musgrave, CRPC
James “Jim” Musgrave, a Wealth Advisor with over 22 years of experience in the ﬁnancial industry, specializes in retirement planning, money management, insurance and 401(k) plans. As an investment advisor representative with Research Financial Strategies, an independent Registered Investment Advisor, Jim makes recommendations in the best interest of his clients and does not receive any ﬁnancial incentives to sell any particular investment or insurance product.
He is passionate about ﬁnancial education and is the Baltimore/Washington corridor chapter president of the Society for Financial Awareness (SOFA), whose mission is to eliminate ﬁnancial illiteracy one community at a time.
Over the years, individuals, families, state and federal employees and business owners have beneﬁted from his experience and have applied valuable information that they learned at his ﬁnancial workshops. Jim applies his comprehensive and tactical approach to retirement and investment planning when providing advice and guidance on:
• Investment strategies that provide growth, income, safety, liquidity and tax advantages in both the accumulation and distribution phase
• Optimizing social security benefits
• Protecting and preserving hard-earned assets
• Ensuring ﬁnancial independence throughout retirement
• Tax reduction strategies
A graduate of the University of Alabama, Jim also earned his Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor ® designation, which denotes expertise in retirement planning, asset management, investment strategies, taxes, estate planning, retirement plan distributions, planning for
incapacity, disability and long-term care, employer-sponsored plans, and deferred compensation.
In addition to helping his clients meet their ﬁnancial goals, Jim and his wife Lara enjoy high performance driving with the Porsche Club of America, outdoor activities, gardening, skiing and swing dancing.
• Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor®
• Securities, Life and Health Licensed in MD, DC, VA, PA, AL, FL, NC, NV & WA
• Speaker on Social Security, Investment and Retirement Topics
• B.A., University of Alabama
• Baltimore/Washington corridor chapter president of The Society For Financial Awareness
• Supporter of A Wider Circle
• Supporter of Shepherd’s Table
• Supporter of The Chesapeake Bay Foundation
• Supporter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Jim Musgrave Financial Planner James Musgrave Retirement Advisor Musgrave Wealth Advisor Jim Musgrave