Get the information that can help you live a confident retirement.
We’re committed to helping you make informed decisions about your finances. We invite our clients, referred guests and visitors to attend our events.
We hold retirement planning seminars for the community that feature information on retirement topics, such as Social Security, Investments and Retirement Income Strategies.
Making the Most of Social Security Master Class
What you need to know to optimize your social security benefits and make your personal savings last.
Wednesday June 8, 2022
6 – 7:30 PM
When it comes to the nuances of Social Security, learning how to optimize your Social Security benefits goes a long way to helping you live comfortably and confidently.
This 90-minute master class offers real world strategies for those who are preparing for retirement and want to learn how to optimize their Social Security benefits and make their personal savings last.
One of the most important decisions you will be required to make before you retire is when and how to claim Social Security benefits. The majority of retirees apply for benefits as soon as they become eligible, at age 62. For many however, they do so without realizing they are significantly and permanently reducing the benefit amounts they and their spouse will receive throughout their lifetime.
Whether you’re single, married, divorced or widowed, there may be ways to optimize the amount of lifetime, after-tax benefits you and your family receive from Social Security. To do so successfully requires a keen understanding of the Social Security retirement system and the critical issues outlined below:
- How married couples can coordinate benefits to help enhance spousal and survivor benefits.
- How working after filing for benefits can eliminate eligibility to receive a benefit payment before full retirement age and the taxability of your benefit check.
- How to structure social security to reduce taxes.
- How claiming worker benefits early could permanently lower your spousal benefit at full retirement age.
- Ways to avoid the dozens of planning traps buried in the nearly 3,000 filing rules of the Social Security retirement system.
- How to claim a spousal benefit while earning delayed retirement credits on your own benefit.