“You need an excellent retirement plan in order to attract and retain exceptional employees. However, managing a retirement plan is time-consuming and complex. By delegating this task to us, you will be able to focus your valuable time and energy on the core functions of your business.“
– Jim Musgrave,
Experience The Difference In Retirement Plan Solutions
We offer small businesses complete retirement plan advice. With so many plans available, it’s challenging to know what plan is right for your business and your employees. Our knowledgeable staff will assist you by providing all the important information necessary to make an informed decision.
Once you have the right plan for your business, we will work with you and your employees to be sure everyone involved understands the plan. You and each employee in your small business has unique goals for the future. The advisors at Research Financial Strategies will work with every investor to assemble a portfolio matched to their individual needs. As a Fiduciary, it is our duty to act in the best interest of our investors at all times. We are compensated only by our clients, so our recommendations are never influenced by a third party.
After the plan is established and the employees are enrolled our financial advisors continue to provide ongoing service. We conduct individual portfolio reviews with each person periodically each year and – if necessary – adjust the strategy to keep pace with the investor’s goals. In addition, our advisors provide financial planning services to both you and to your employees.
Types of Plans We Service:
- SEP (Simplified Employee Pension) Plans
- Simple IRA Plans
- Traditional & Roth 401(k) Plans
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Plans
- 403(b) Plans
- 457 Plans
- Cross-Tested & Age Weighted Plans
- Multiple Employer Plans (MEPs)
- Profit-Sharing Plans
- Money Purchase Plans
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Plans
Individual Brokerage Accounts & Money Management
Mutual funds and group annuity platforms are the most common investments provided in retirement plans; however, many investors are frustrated by limited choices in their company’s retirement plan. We feel that investors who prefer to buy and sell stocks, ETF’s, and mutual funds outside of their company’s retirement plan investment window should have the ability to do so.
In addition to offering a menu of mutual funds in their retirement plans, many plan sponsors offer individual brokerage accounts for the following reasons:
- Participants have the option of participating in a menu of funds offered by the plan sponsor or they can open an individual brokerage account and choose from thousands of stocks, ETF’s, and mutual funds. Although there are additional trading costs,* many people believe that the ability to better manage investment risk and the potential to achieve higher rates of return outweigh the trading costs.
- Participants have the option of using Research Financial Strategies to manage their retirement plan accounts.* We use Charles Schwab as the custodian for our advisory accounts and offer our retirement plan participants access to the exact same professional money management that our high net-worth clients receive. With this service, we are essentially leveling the playing field by providing all investors with access to our institutional money management.
- Lower Fees. A major concern of plan sponsors and investors are the fees. In order for a plan sponsor or company to meet his/her fiduciary responsibilities, they must ensure the fees are reasonable; otherwise they are vulnerable to lawsuits and penalties.
Investors understand that fees affect performance, so lower internal fees of the investments are always preferred. Individual brokerage accounts give investors access to stocks, ETF’s and no-load mutual funds, which generally have much lower fees than many mutual funds in the average retirement plan.
Financial Planning for Participants
In addition to on-going educational seminars, each participant has an opportunity to meet confidentially with Research Financial Strategies regarding their personal finances. We are committed to partnering with you to provide individual planning assistance to help your employees accumulate wealth and transition into retirement. This service includes assisting employees with rolling over their retirement plans into an IRA and helping them to choose the best pension option, if applicable.
In an industry of in-distinction and indifference Research Financial Strategies is distinct and different; we serve our clients by assisting them in pursuing the success they desire, as well as enjoying the journey along the way. Highlights of our client-centered service model include:
We Truly Care about the employers, employees and private clients we serve which is reflected in our commitment to be a key resource to our private clients throughout the remainder of their financial journey regardless of whether any revenue continues to flow to us in the latter years.
We are Here to Serve and ideally positioned to do so by leveraging the experience of our financial professionals with many years of financial industry experience and the leading edge tools and resources we integrate to deliver highest quality outcomes in efficient, effective, consistent and cost effective manners.
GET IN TOUCH
We are dedicated to helping you protect and manage your assets, prepare for retirement and life’s events, and develop a legacy that benefits your loved ones and future generations. As your financial partner, we listen and respond to your needs using clear, simple language. We offer personal service, seek to develop innovative strategies, and pledge to lead you with great care along the path to pursuing your goals.